« | »

The Best Type of Job that will get You an Employment-Based Green Card

Last modified about 2 years ago by . Posted in School News |

The Best Type of Job that will get You an Employment-Based Green Card.

If you are searching for “Job that will get You an Employment-Based Green Card” this page is all you need. Explore.

Employment-Based Green Card

Job that will get You an Employment-Based Green Card

I hope you know there are unique job out there that comes with the benefit of a green card, not all of them, some. While some work for little or no benefit attached, others work with lots of benefits attached to it, am not saying job isn’t good enough, am saying there is a bunch of benefit that follow when your offer is green card based.

In this article, I will be showing you The Best Type of Job that will get you an Employment-Based Green Card.

For many people born outside the U.S., the employment-based immigration procedure is an ideal route to procure a green card and permanent residence here. Not only can the employment-based process take meaningfully less time than family-based immigration, employers willing to sponsor foreign nationals often have entree to financial, legal, and other resources that can soften the way toward a successful immigration application.

With that said, the U.S. government is completely aware of the high demand for permanent residence status, and doesn’t make it easy. With the U.S. job market and the country’s needs in mind, Congress made various visa “preference categories,” which arrange certain jobs and careers over others in determining who will be allowed to apply for permanent residence.

This means that some types of jobs and careers have a better (and faster) chance at being a good basis for a green card application. Let us look at how the preference categories work and see what jobs might be better for earning you a green card.

The Employment-Based Preference Categories

The employment preference categories usually categorize jobs by the level of education necessary to fulfill the duties of the job. For instance, an entry level Computer Programmer position would possible need at minimum a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, while a Nuclear Physicist position would possible need at least a master’s degree in Physics.

Look at the U.S. Department of State’s Visa Bulletin, which is published monthly. The Visa Bulletin breaks down the employment-based visa categories and expounds the general education requirements for each.

Who Qualifies Under the First Preference Category

The employment-based First Preference groups are kept for persons with “unusual ability,”   outstanding professors or researchers, or are multinational executives or managers. As you might   guess, this group is for the “cream of the crop.”   Classically, this preference includes Nobel Prize winners, famous international scientists with the renown of Albert Einstein or Stephen Hawking, or global artists like YoYo Ma or Vicente Fernández.

First Preference also includes “international executives or managers.” These are not line managers or ground-level supervisors, but top level corporate officers and company leaders who have extensive latitude to make decisions that affect entire organizations. People like Mark Zuckerberg, Meg Whitman, and Jeffrey Bezos are good examples of the type of person described by this group.

If your career and work falls into this extremely exceptional class, congratulations: You can be eligible for First Preference and will likely have an immediately available immigrant visa number and an easy route to a green card. (You also likely have an attorney who can readily explain the information in this article!)

Who Qualifies Under the Second Preference Category

Not everyone is fortunate enough to be a person of “unusual ability” or a high-powered multinational CEO. However, if your career path needs an advanced degree, such as a master’s degree or higher, or you are a person of extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, or business, you may meet the requirements for the Second Preference category.

For many persons looking for a green card through employment, this can be their best bet. While not as advantageous as the First Preference category, Second Preference visa numbers are normally quickly available, with short or no wait times. Even better, there is a wider range of careers that meet the Second Preference requirements.

If an employer is keen to sponsor you for a green card, and your proposed position normally requires at least a Master’s degree-level education or the equivalent, you can possible qualify for Second Preference.   Careers in this level characteristically include Accountants, Civil Engineers, Computer Engineers, Financial or Investment Managers, Business or Management Analysts, and Chemists or Chemical Engineers.

A good place to look out up and coming career fields that likely satisfy the Second Preference necessities is the U.S. Department of Labor’s  O*NET Online website. This site pile up statistical data about job markets and career fields in the United States, plus typical education and experience requirements, popularity and demand, and potential earnings. Importantly, this site can help you ascertain what careers and fields are in high demand in the United States. Immigration officials are always intensely aware of the U.S. labor market’s needs.

On the other hand, if you are a person of extraordinary ability in a particular scientific, artistic, or business field, you may also meet the requirements for Second Preference. Nevertheless, like the First Preference “extraordinary ability” standard, this can be slightly difficult to meet. You must be able to show significant achievements and helps to your particular industry or field, with forms of proof including industry, government, or peer recognition, awards and salaries recognizing extraordinary ability, publications and peer-reviewed papers you have authored, and letters from your previous employers showing you have ten or more years’ experience in your work field . Contact an immigration attorney if you need detailed assistance on your Second Preference case.

Who Qualifies Under the Third Preference Category

The Third Preference category is for positions requiring at least a Bachelor’s degree or the equal to perform the duties of the job. Third Preference is a much more available means of gaining permanent residence through employment; however, this also means that many more people seek permanent residence through the Third Preference category than others, considerably increasing wait times for available visa numbers. You may have to wait for four years or longer after an employer files a Third Preference petition for you to start the process of getting you a green card.

If you can find an employer willing to guarantor you as a Third Preference worker and in the meantime, also sponsor you for a non-immigrant work-authorized visa, like  the H-1B or L-1 programs, you may be able to work in the U.S. as a non-immigrant up until the time a visa number becomes obtainable for you. Realize that this arrangement needs quite a bit of planning, as well as a good working association between you and your employer. You should consult an immigration attorney if you are sure you will be following this part.

NG Team.

Tags: , , , , ,

Plse, Don't just read and leave, Pls drop a comment below!

0 Responses

Leave a Reply



« | »

© 2015 Naijagreen